AAPI YPS members benefit from the nationwide network of colleagues, educational events and social exchanges.
AAPI YPS caters to the young physicians entering the field of medicine and aspires to help them make their career path a lot smoother and well accompanied. Join Now: Why delay a good thing! Become a proud AAPI YPS member right away
You have questions and we have answers. Useful information is just a click
MEDICAL STUDENTS AND RESIDENTS SECTION
1. The AAPI - MSR is a national organization representing medical students and resident physicians of East Indian origin in North America;
2. The AAPI - MSR will promote, uphold and maintain the highest standards of ethics in the practice of medicine and in medical education;
3. The AAPI - MSR will provide a channel of networking, support, and open communication among its members;
4. The AAPI - MSR will actively work to represent its members and their professional needs in both political and social domains;
5. The AAPI - MSR will provide non-profit group service to the community at large and host other activities by local chapter affiliates.
B. Mission Statement.
The AAPI - MSR is a national organization which will promote the professional, political and social goals of Indian American medical students and resident physicians today and
in the future.
C. English is the official language.
1. Medical Student: A student presently enrolled in a medical or osteopathic college that is accredited by the American Medical Association, the American Osteopathic Association or their equivalent.
2. Resident Physician: A physician who is currently enrolled in an accredited residency program in North America.
3. Fellow: A physician who is currcntl3 training in an accredited fellowship program in North America.
Membership shall not be discriminated against because of race, color, gender, age,handicap, religious preference, disabilities, sexual orientation, ethnic or national origin.
C. Local Chapter Affiliation.
Members may organize into local groups by charter as affiliates to the national organization.
2. President - Elect
6. Regional Coordinators. One (1) from each region as defined by the designations
used by the AAPI parent organization.
7. National Convention Chairperson.
8. Chair of Public Relations Committee.
9. Chair of the Publications Committee.
10. Chair of the Membership Committee.
11. Chair of the Fund Raising Committee.
12. Chair of the Service Committee.
13. Chair of the Website Committee.
B. Executive Committee Meetings
1. Will be held annually as set by Executive Committee members.
2. Special meetings may be scheduled with at least thirty (30) days notice after being called by majority vote of Executive Committee.
3. Each member will have one (1) vote.
4. No proxies will be accepted.
5. By majority vote, may institute/amend organizational policy, approval for disbursement of organizational funds, approve chapters, awards and honors, and oversee the maintenance of organizational records, property and equipment.
6. By three-quarters (3/4) vote may suspend or cancel any chapter affiliates, remove any officer of the organization, or terminate any membership.
7. Proceedings of the annual Executive Committee Meeting shall be published within 30 days after the meeting.
8. Robert’s Rules of Order apply to parliamentary procedure.
C. Executive Committee Elections.
1. Nominations may be submitted by any member of the AAPI-MSR.
2. Nominations will be submitted before the Election proceedings at the AAPI-MSR National Convention as follows:
a. Must be in writing.
b. Must be agreed to and signed by nominee.
c. Must be given to the President, Vice-president, Treasurer, Secretary.
3. All nominees must be active members in good standing.
4. All official AAPI - MSR members in attendance at the General Body Meeting before the Election proceedings will have one (1) vote.
5. No proxies will be accepted.
6. Nominees with the majority vote at the General Body Meeting shall be elected. If there is no majority, the nominee with the least number of votes shall be
eliminated and a new vote shall be taken. This process will continue until one nominee receives the majority vote.
7. Newly elected executive committee members shall assume the duties of their positions at the close of the annual AAPI - MSR National Convention.
D. Executive Committee Officers.
Active member of AAPI - MSR.
1. Presides at the Annual Executive Committee Meeting and the General Body Meeting.
2. Serves as the official representative of AAPI - MSR and contact person for the AAPI Executive Director.
3. Must attend or send a representative to two (2) AAPI Governing Body Meetings. Must submit a written report to AAPI President and Executive Director fifteen (15) days before all AAPI Governing Body Meetings that will not have >representation by AAPI - MSR.
4. Works closely with the other executive officers in carrying out the routine objectives and plans of the organization at a national level.
5. Serves on Executive Committee.
6. Serves as the AAPI-MSR delegate to the AMA-RFS. In the event the President-Elect is not a resident as defined by Article II, section A.2, the AAPI-MSR executive committee will designate a qualified alternate.
7. Term of office shall be one (1) year.
1. Serves as parliamentarian at the Executive Committee Meeting and General Body
2. Carries out the duties as assigned by the President.
3. In the event that the President is unable to or unwilling to perform the duties of the position, the President-Elect will assume the duties of President.
4. Serves on Executive Committee.
5. Works closely with the other executive officers in carrying out the routine objectives and plans of the organization at a national level.
6. Serves as the AAPI-MSR delegate to the AMA-MSS. In the event the President-Elect is not a medical student as defined by Article II, section A.1, the AAPI-MSR executive committee will designate a qualified alternate.
1. Carries out the duties as assigned by the President.
2. In the event that the President-Elect is unable to or unwilling to perform the duties of the position, the Vice-President will assume the duties of President-Elect.
3. Serves on Executive Committee.
5. Term of office shall be one (1) year.
1. Oversees the preparation of the proceedings for the AAPI - MSR Executive Committee Meeting and General Body Meeting.
2. Oversees the maintenance of all historical organizational records.
3. Records the minutes of AAPI - MSR Executive Committee Meeting and General Body Meeting and will publish them within thirty (30) days.
6. Works closely with the other executive officers in carrying out the routine objectives and plans of the organization at a national level.
1. Assumes the duties of the Secretary if that officer is unable or unwilling to perform the duties of the position.
2. Performs those duties as assigned by the Secretary.
3. Serves as Chair of Finance and Budget Committee.
6. Regional Coordinators.
1. Active member of the AAPI - MSR.
2. Must be enrolled in a medical college/residency program from the region he/she will be representing.
1. One (1) official coordinator from each region defined by the designations used by the AAPI parent organization.
2. Perform the duties as assigned by the President, President-Elect, Vice-President, Secretary, Treasurer or Convention Chairperson.
3. Help organize and coordinate activities from their respective region and will be the resource person for local chapter affiliates.
4. Serve on Executive Committee.
7.National Convention Chairperson.
1. Active member of AAPI - MSR.
2. Must be situated in the near vicinity of projected site of the next annual AAPI - MSR National Convention.
1. Organize the details of the convention with regards to registration, publicity, accommodations, the research forum, speakers/workshops, travel, entertainment, etc.
2. Give monthly reports to the Executive Committee Officers on the progress of the Convention starting ten months before projected date of convention.
3. Utilize members of the Executive Committee to assist in planning for the Convention and will work in conjunction with the convention chairperson of the AAPI Convention and the AAPI Executive Director.
8. Publications Committee Chair
1. Edits and publishes the official AAPI - MSR Newsletter, AAPI STAR, maintains the AAPI-MSR Web Page, and publishes any directories approved >by the AAPI-MSR
2. Serves on Executive Committee.
3. Term of office shall be one (1) year.
9. Public Relations Committee Chair.
1. Conducts all activities with purposes related to publicity, to media coverage, and the overall presentation of the organization to others.
2. Shared responsibility with National Convention Chairperson in publicizing the AAPI - MSR and its National Convention.
3. Directly responsible for the organization name, symbol, and any insignia >pertaining to AAPI - MSR.
4. Serves on the Executive Committee.
5. Works closely with President, Vice-President, Secretary and Treasurer in carrying out the routine objectives and plans of the organization at a national level.
6. Term of office shall be one (1) year.
10. Website Committee Chair.
Active member of AAP1 - MSR.
1. Conducts all activities related to developing and maintaining the AAPI-MSR website.
2. Serves on the Executive Committee.
3. Works closely with President, Vice-President, Secretary and Treasurer in carrying out the routine objectives and plans of the organization at a national level.
4. Term of office shall be one (1) year.
11. Membership Committee Chair.
1. Develops and maintains the AAPI-MSR membership database
2. Coordinates the activities of the local AAPI-MSR chapters.
3. Coordinates the activities of the AAPI-MSR regional representatives.
12. Service Committee Chair.
1. Develops and coordinates service projects both in the United States and abroad.
4. Term of office shall be one (1) year
All AAPI-MSR Executive Committee Officers
1. Work collectively to carry out routine objectives and plans of the organization at the national levels.
2. By majority vote, all circumstances in which an executive committee and/orgeneral body decision is warranted and in which a delay in resolution will result in the deferment of the resolution until such a vote can be arranged.
3. All resolutions pertaining to/concerning AAPI - MSR made by the AAPI -MSR Officers will be published to all members in the subsequent newsletter edition.
ARTICLE V. Finance and Budget Committee.
1. Any group of AAPI - MSR members in any one recognized medical institution may petition for a chapter within the Association. There shall be no more than one
(1) such chapter at any medical school.
2. A constitution for the local AAPI - MSR must be drafted and sent to the AAPI -MSR Secretary for approval at the next Executive Committee Meeting including >the following:
a. Name of organization and medical institution.
b. Define purpose, activities and means of financing such activities.
c. Define membership and dues.
d. Include a non-discriminatory statement.
e. Officers (including their chapter representative), their duties and term, and faculty advisor.
g. Rules of order in conducting business.
3. A list of elected officers as specified in the local chapter constitution will be sent to the AAPI - MSR Secretary within 30 days of determination.
4. Fulfill all requirements necessary in order to be approved by that institution.
5. Must adhere to all local rules and regulations specified by that institution, city and state.
6. By majority vote, local chapter affiliates will be approved for induction into official AAPI - MSR membership at the next Executive Committee Meeting.
7. The chapters shall be vested with the power to suspend or expel their members, so long as such suspension or expulsion is not inconsistent with the Constitution and Bylaws of the Association.
1. A local chapter representative will be elected by each local chapter affiliate, who will be the contact person for members of that chapter.
2. The local chapter representative will be kept informed by the regional coordinator about activities and projects on a national level.
3. Will serve as the primary contact for the national office in the receipt and distribution of pertinent information and materials relating to the organization and issues of consent to members.
Any proposal for an amendment to the Constitution shall be typewritten and shall state the Article, Section, and Paragraph to be changed, and shall be submitted to the AAPI -MSR Officers.
The AAPI - MSR Officers may change wording for clarification, but not to modify the intent, and present the new amendment, the part to be replaced and financial impact, if any, to the next Executive Committee Meeting.
After approval by three-fourths (3/4) of the voting members of the Executive Committee, >proposed amendments to the Constitution are to be published by the Editor-in-Chief for distribution within thirty (30) days after the vote.
D. Effective Date.
The amendment shall take effect at the close of the Annual Central Body Meeting at which it must obtain two-thirds (2/3) affirmative vote.