AAPI YPS members benefit from the nationwide network of colleagues, educational events and social exchanges.
AAPI YPS caters to the young physicians entering the field of medicine and aspires to help them make their career path a lot smoother and well accompanied. Join Now: Why delay a good thing! Become a proud AAPI YPS member right away
You have questions and we have answers. Useful information is just a click
1) Hosting is simple. Begin by pinning down a date and an event. This is especially helpful if it is something already taking place requiring little planning on your part and ensuring good attendance (Navratri, Diwali, Holi, Melas, etc). Keep in mind that your target is ages 18-44.
2) Gather several volunteers to help with the registration paperwork and education on how to use the cheek swabs and answer any questions about bone marrow registration and donation. SAMAR has been very kind to offer their financial support, to cover the cost of each registration, and their services in training over the phone for anyone hosting or volunteering at a bone marrow registration event.
3) Let the Secretary of AAPI MSRF, Amar Shah at firstname.lastname@example.org, or the Community Service Chair, Krushangi Patel at email@example.com know so that we can add your event to our page and help publicize it or answer any questions that you may have.
4) Order your registration kits from SAMAR and set up a time for SAMAR to train you and your volunteers over the phone.
Here is the registration form to order the registration kits. This should be done no later than 5 days before your event.
This is the email address and phone number to reach SAMAR and set up a time for phone training and to answer any additional questions about registration that you may have:
firstname.lastname@example.org Tel: (718) 592-0821 or (718) 775-3882
5) Print out educational packets about bone marrow registration and cord blood donation for your event. Brochures coming soon!
6) Last, and most importantly, have fun, meet lots of local AAPI members, and don't forget to take pictures and share your events with us!
Your AAPI Executive Board
Meet the MSRF Board
Please contact the Community Service Chair at email@example.com if you have any additional questions.